My medical condition was the main inspiration behind my brand - Founder & CEO L.O.G Cosmetics

By Kemi Mobuse - Thursday, June 23, 2016



Just like you nourish your body with organic food, your skin deserves care with organic beauty products. Many non-organic beauty products on the market today include an astonishing amount of scary chemicals and unfortunately, a lot of those products imported into the Nigerian market are FAKE!!! – One can never be too careful.

Certified-organic skincare products cleanse tone, exfoliate and moisturize your skin without using any of these noxious artificial chemicals or additives. Lucky for us, L.O.G Cosmetics is here to the rescue…their products are made of 100% Natural Ingredients; they are Non-Toxic, paraben free and vegan friendly.

Their makeup range are non-comedogenic (which means they will not clog your pores) and consist of Eyeshadow pigments, Lipsticks, Mineral Powders, Foundation, Bronzers ,Nail polishes and hair care products .

The brand is owned by a Lovely and beautiful Nigerian Lady Mrs Dami Olawaiye  Adewole, who I was privileged to have a brief Chat with. Her story is an inspiring one and makes for a good read….


KMB:Can we meet you?

I am Dami Olawaiye-Adewole, CEO, L.O.G Cosmetics (helping women of colour find a healthy way of beauty). I am a makeup artist and a certified organic skincare formulator.


KMB: What do you do?

We create high quality natural cosmetics and hair care products that are made with safe ingredients. We infuse natural oils, butters and fruit extracts to create products that nourish the skin and hair. Our aim is to promote safe ingredients in beauty



KMB: Where do you get your inspiration from to start your cosmetic line?

In my case, I appear to have used business ownership differently, more as a trade-off between my endometriosis condition and other areas of my life. For most people, it can become difficult to separate your individual identity from the business or startup you create and I’m no exception. However, what I have done is to connect my personal ordeal (due to pain, employers not being able to accommodate unplanned time off request) with my passion for beauty and health conscious cosmetics". More so some researchers have linked a number of diseases including endometriosis to being exposed to endocrine disruptors’ chemicals in personal care products. With this I sought to find a way to educate and promote about the long term harmful effects of some ingredients in beauty and personal care products

KMB: Who are some people that have inspired you throughout your career?

There are so many, but I’d generalize by saying the people who inspire me mostly are the ones who have stayed consistent to their purpose and taken necessary risks to effect a positive change in the face of adversity.



KMB: How long have you been in the makeup industry and how did you get your start in the industry? 

A little over 7 years. I had trained as a beauty therapist and makeup artist. My earlier career was with a number of beauty companies as a beauty consultant. I also had my share of office experience as an account executive at an insurance company. However deep down inside me was my passion for makeup and beauty so I sought to get grounded and develop myself as a certified organic skincare formulator. It was during this course I really began to pay attention to the ingredients in most beauty products and discovered the damaging impacts to our skin. Hence the birth of L.O.G Cosmetics

KMB: What do you love most about creating cosmetics?

The fact that I know that we are one step away from changing the beauty world in a positive way. One green clean product at a time.



KMB: If you weren’t in this field, what else would you do?

To be honest, I can’t think of anything else I’d rather do or that I’d love to do.

KMB: What are the biggest challenges experienced since the inception of your brand?

KMB: I’d say educating the public about the need for safe and health conscious cosmetics in the industry not to mention the intense competition and pressure to follow the trend whilst still promoting safe ingredients in the beauty industry.

KMB: Can you mention some of the products that your cosmetic brand produces?

We have a wide range of products from makeup to hair care some of which include; eyeshadows, lipsticks, lipstains, foundations, powders, nail enamels, makeup accessories, shampoos, conditioners, serums and treatments. All of which are free from chemical preservatives and are vegan friendly.



KMB: Which of them can you say is your favorite product?

That’s a tough question lol, I love them all, however I wouldn’t feel complete without my cream foundation and mineral veil. The combination feels like a second skin.

KMB: How affordable are your products and what distinguishes it from other brand in the market?

Our products are premium and reasonably priced. What makes us different is the fact that we not only consider the trend but we look at how our products can affect you. Apart from the fact that our products are safe and help to improve the quality of your skin and hair over time, we have an inspirational undertone with our branding which is aimed at reminding you how beautiful and confident you should feel every day. We are also constantly looking for more ways to educate our clients about the need for health conscious cosmetics.



KMB: Any advice for upcoming entrepreneurs?

Don’t be afraid to dream and when you do, make it a big one. Never let anyone or situation make you feel like you can’t achieve it. Remember, challenges are only there make you stronger. Pray, have faith and go for it.

KMB: How can you be contacted?

You can reach us through our website or email address.
instagram:@l.o.g_cosmetics





























































































  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments