It seems what a woman can do, a Male can certainly do it better, meet the Famous Bridal Hair Stylist : Demoladidit

By Kemi Mobuse - Monday, June 20, 2016




It is becoming increasingly obvious that; men are no longer feeling encumbered and limiting themselves to occupations that seems to suit their Macho image or those ones, that society seems to think, fits their image best. 

Today, we have Male MUAs, Male Cook, Male Fashion Designers, Male Manicurist, Male Hairdressers, to name just a few. And it was really refreshing, having the privilege to chat with a famous bridal hairstylist, who is a favourite among Nigerian brides and brides to be.

His works really stands out and I bet, I would have been visiting his saloon soon, if I were a bride to be.....Read below, his exclusive interview with KMB and lets now your thoughts...


KMB: Can we meet you?
 
Demoladidit: I'm Adeyemi Ademola

KMB: What do you do?
 
Demoladidit: I'm a hair stylist
 
KMB: What inspired you going this profession in particular?
 
Demoladidit: The Passion for the Job. I Love working with hair and love to make ladies beautiful especially on their wedding day.
 
KMB: Can you decide the exact moment you decided you would rather be a hair stylist than a MUA or take a white collar job for instance?
 


Demoladidit: I finished my ND in 2007 but, it was difficult getting a place to do my IT (industrial attachment). I eventually got a marketing job, which wasn't paying well and was very stressful.
 
After 3month, I left and asked my brother who has a salon if I could learn. Then make up wasn't selling as much as hair. Since I wasn’t paying to learn, I joined him. Well, here I am today…..
 
KMB: What is the name of your brand and how old is it?

Demoladidit: After so many years of working at the salon...I decided to take it a step further. I went to Tobbies touch to learn bridal hair styling. And I thought of a name I could give myself on IG ...after much deliberation, I came up with Demoladidit.

KMB: When did you decide to go solo? And how was starting out capital wise?
 
Demoladidit: Because it was my brother's salon I took charge after he traveled to d USA....I've been maintaining d salon since then.
 
KMB: When making bridal hair, do you give the brides-to-be the best hairstyles that suit their face or you allow them the freedom to choose any they want?
 


Demoladidit: Sometimes brides choose style and some trust me completely, but, hint on what they like and what they don't like.
 
KMB: What major challenges in the course of dealing with brides?
 
Demoladidit: My major challenge is how to sustain d expectations of people
 
KMB: Are you services limited to bridal events or general?
 
Demoladidit: My services covers hair styles generally but I love bridal hair styling the most.
 
KMB: What do you hope to achieve with your brand in say 5 years?
 
Demoladidit: I'm 5yrs I would love to have a hair empire...where I be a mentor and a source of inspiration to hairstylists.
 


KMB: Any advice for upcoming entrepreneurs?
 
Demoladidit: Being a hair stylist in Nigeria is quite challenging but, they should upgrade their skill from time to time...with time, diligence and hard work they will live their dreams
 
KMB: Lastly, how can you be contacted?

Demoladidit: Call/whatsapp: 08169521879/08079722484.
BBM:5EE45C53.
Email:adeyemiademola@yahoo.com
Instagram: @demoladidit


 More pictures below...

















  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments