I had to put all my life savings together to start my Brand - Founder and CEO Voan Beauties

By Kemi Mobuse - Saturday, June 18, 2016



If you haven't already tried lash extensions, you should at least once in your life. Seriously, I speak from experience when I say they are amazing. And with wedding season in full swing, you have the perfect excuse to make the splurge (even if you're only a guest, I say go for it). But before you give them a whirl, I've got some great advice for you,try these ones made by Voan Beauties.


They have been tried, tested and recommended by reputable names in the beauty Industry and I betcha, you will thank me later.

Meanwhile, KMB had a short chat with the brain behind the brand and it really makes for an interesting read...


KMB: Can we meet you? What do you do?
 
Voan Beauties: Good morning.My name is Isiomah Emeka Ofili (nee Nwegbu), I am a beauty Entrepreneur, a makeup artist, and the major distributor of a growing brand Voan Lashes. I am from Illah in Oshimili north local government area of Delta state, Nigeria; I am Married, and also a graduate of Finance from the University of Lagos.
 
KMB: What inspired your starting Voan lashes?
 
Voan Beauties: As a makeup artist who was and still is a practicing one, I thought to myself what makeup product is used by all artists that doesn’t necessarily have to be a big brand but with great quality. And lashes came to my mind. Most makeup artists aspire to have big brands Powders, foundations, lipsticks, the Mac, Nars, of the world. But once the lashes are good, and sit pretty on the lids, it will be welcomed by any makeup artist. And that was the idea that gave me the drive to bring to birth Voanlashes.
 

KMB: What inspired the choice of Name?

Voan Beauties: I named it after my Late Mum. She was my inspiration, she really motivated me a lot. Shortly before she died, she was planning to start her own company, though not a lash Brand,but....
This made me determined to honour her even in death by dedicating my brand to her. Voan means Victoria Ogugua Agbaje Nwegbu. 

KMB: Awwww! I bet she will be smiling on you right now from Heaven. 

Voan Beauties:Yeah Thanks! I'm sure she would be happy wherever she is.

KMB: Why this choice of profession, in particular?
Voan Beauties: Choosing beauty and makeup as a profession was somewhat easy because, it has always been a part of me, I love to paint my face, so why can’t I paint people's faces and make money while at it. (Hehehe)
 


KMB: How was starting out for you capital wise?
 
Voan Beauties: Starting up was definitely not easy. Even as we speak it is still not easy. It was a very huge risk to take and if any loss occurred initially it was to be borne by me alone. I had to put all my life savings together to start small and we have been expanding over time.
 
KMB: How old is Voan lashes and how has the market reception been?
 
Voan Beauties: Voanlashes is 9months old. And the reception from the entire beauty and makeup industry has been awesome. Eternally grateful to the many who have trusted and continued to believe in the brand. It has been very well accepted. We thank God.
 
KMB: Any major challenges since inception?
 
Voan Beauties: Introducing a new brand has its gains and struggles. We aim at reaching the whole of Nigeria and abroad by the Grace of God and the major struggle will be the unstable exchange rate. It keeps increasing and that is bad for business.
 


KMB: What can you say is your favourite part about your brand?
 
Voan Beauties: I will say my favourite part is seeing the different looks created with the same brand lashes. I can say I have seen over 20 to 30 different makeup artists work with the Voanlashes and when they tag me on their photos, I get to see the uniqueness in their works, how some focus more on the eye area of the face, some on blending and others on the lips. It’s also a learning process for me. Because I gather the spices and put them together when I work. Hehehe!
KMB: Any advice for upcoming entrepreneurs?
 
Voan Beauties: The biggest fear for entrepreneurs is usually failure, You will fail sometimes but, know that it is ok to do so. That is part of the game. Your failures are most likely to lead to success if you get involved with something you believe in.
 
KMB: Lastly, how can you be contacted?
 
Voan Beauties: My contact details:
Call/Whatsapp: 08155136480, 09029062991
Email: Isynwegbu@gmail.com























  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments