Promoting a healthy lifestyle through food is what my brand is about - CEO Veggyfruity

By Kemi Mobuse - Thursday, April 21, 2016


When it comes to healthy food, you can't afford to compromise on quality.  It is therefore refreshing to see someone who practice exactly what she preaches, and guess what? Majority of her food her grown directly from her own garden. Despite, the fact, that she has more than one brand to her name, you can feel the passion in her voice as she talks about her baby brand...Veggy Fruity, lets meet the CEO of Veggy Fruity!

Below is excerpts from her interview with KMB

Kemi Mobuse blog: Can we meet you?

VeggyFruity : My name is Mabel Oluwatoyin Fadahunsi
Kemi Mobuse blog: What do you do?

Veggy Fruity: I do a couple of things and I basically love them all. And I guess that's why I enjoy doing them. I'm firstly an Interior designer and Furniture maker, and I run and manage Designs City Limited. I also recently got trained as an Urban Organic Farmer, so I plant a few of the things I eat.
I recently ventured into providing healthy meals for people, as it can be tasking and very expensive to eat healthy in. And that's what we do at VeggyFruity. We just commenced business and I believe we are still taking our baby steps.

Kemi Mobuse blog: What made you venture into this field of healthy eating?
Veggy Fruity: It's an idea God laid in my heart. And I thought why are healthy meals so expensive? So I decided to follow through, I want to stay healthy and I want also help people stay healthy too.

Kemi Mobuse blog: Can you say veggyfruity. Products are very affordable?
Veggy Fruity: Yes I can☺


Kemi Mobuse blog: What was starting out like?

Veggy Fruity: Going by our mark - ups and all, Starting up was daring but I told myself I won't give up.
Kemi Mobuse blog: And how do you combine all your businesses without one affecting the other?

 Veggy Fruity: I have managers for both businesses so I oversee them and I supervise too. Once you've trained your staff, half of the processing issues are done. I keep constant tabs on them.
And I ensure that we don't compromise on quality and customer satisfaction

Kemi Mobuse blog: How old is your brand now?

Veggy Fruity: We are barely 6 months old o☺....We are still at our baby steps stages.

Kemi Mobuse blog: What major challenges have you experienced since start up?

Veggy Fruity: My major challenge is Delivering our meals to our clients on time. They delivery services we use constantly disappoints us and this is bad for business.
Our second challenge is a normal challenge that most businesses have... funding,But we are looking for ways to deal with our challenges and deliver excellent services.

Kemi Mobuse blog: If, I were to come to your establishment for the first time, who just learnt about the healthy eating lifestyle, how will you sort me out?

Veggy Fruity: I will ask you if you know that what we eat defines our well being. I'll tell you we can offer you meals that you'll go through stress to prepare, I'll also let you know that our bodies need anti - oxidants and nutrients on daily basis to improve health.
Kemi Mobuse blog: So your brand is about eating well and maintaining good health?

Veggy Fruity: Yes it is.


Kemi Mobuse blog: If I want to loss weight, can I achieve that just by eating healthy?
Veggy Fruity: That's depends on your BMi. If you are overweight, you'll need to also commence routine exercises, detox and start/adopt a healthy eating lifestyle.That is your Body Mass index. If your BMI is not overweight or obese.. then eating healthy and taking routine walks will improve ones well being and stamina.

Kemi Mobuse blog: What can you say being an entrepreneur has taught you?
Veggy Fruity: Hmm ...it has taught me a lot. It's a lot of hard work to run a  company. Patience,Resilience.
Nothing good comes easy... so you'll roll up your sleeves and get to work
It has also taught me that, when you set your mind on a goal and you remain dedicated and acquire the skills you need, you will succeed.
And also to be a fighter.
Kemi Mobuse blog: Your menu, comprises if both food and drink , shey?
Veggy Fruity: Yes ...but we are yet to get most of the equipments we need to have most menus, For now we do- 100% Fruit Juices, Popsicles,Smoothies. Salads and healthy snacks. And a few healthy lunches too.
Kemi Mobuse blog: Ok, any advice for future entrepreneurs?
Veggy Fruity: My advise is this, if a thought comes to your mind, follow through, start it immediately and start small too. But start it otherwise someone else will get that same idea and run with it. Every opportunity in life is a luxury you can't afford to miss. God shows us ideas and if we don't use them He'll show another. Finally do what you love and enjoy doing.
Kemi Mobuse blog: Lastly, how can you be contacted?
Veggy Fruity: Our outlet is at No.14 Williams Street off Olatunde Onimole Street by Bakery Bus Stop Aguda Surulere
08038754615 is my direct line.
Facebook page is VeggyFruity
Instagram is also VeggyFruity.




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments