I love seeing People's faces light up at the sight of their beautifully wrapped gitfts - CEO Hampers by Michelle

By Kemi Mobuse - Friday, April 22, 2016


Can you just imagine the delight on your face, when you get to your office and meet a beautifully wrapped gift hamper just waiting for you to open?  I'm very sure that delight will certainly give way to giggles and squeals of excitement while unwrapping each gift. 

That is the exact type of reaction that the CEO of Hampers by Michelle looks forward to receiving anytime, she delivers a beautiful hamper carefully packed with love to a special recipient. 
She had a short interview with KMB, where she talked more on her brand.


Kemi Mobuse blog: Can we know you?

Hampers By Michelle: My name is Michelle Obrutse

Kemi Mobuse blog: What do you do?

Hampers By Michelle: I make gift hampers for special occasions.

Kemi Mobuse blog: What inspired your going into this field?
 
Hampers By Michelle: Hampers is something I have always done on and off since my university days. I realized earlier that, I had a "magic touch as l like to call it" I could make beautiful gifts n hampers but, i never really saw the potential as a business till about 2013.Finally, in 2015 I decided to turn my passion into a full business

Kemi Mobuse blog: How did you start out? And how was the market reception?
 
Hampers By Michelle: I started with just Valentine gifts n it gradually went on to birthday, Easter n bridal gifts. Valentine period really was the easiest time that people are always looking to buy unique gifts.
 


Kemi Mobuse blog: Do you remember the first hamper you did? Did you charge for it or was it free?
 
Hampers By Michelle: Yea I remember I was so excited to even get orders for Valentine it was practically free, didn't make any money.
 
Kemi Mobuse blog: What major challenges have you experienced in the course of turning your passion into a business?
 
Hampers By Michelle: My major challenge; hmmmm! I would say; a lot of things I will like to do or incorporate into my hampers, the means to do them aren't available in the country. It gets frustrating, when the printer says we can't do this here in Nigeria, because we don't have the machine for that. So I have to improvise.


Kemi Mobuse blog: What lessons did those challenges impact to you?
 
Hampers By Michelle: My challenges have pushed me to do more with whatever options I have.
 
Kemi Mobuse blog: What is the name of your brand and how old is it now?
 
Hampers By Michelle: Hampers by Michelle is the name of my brand and its 6 months old 😊
 
Kemi Mobuse blog: How do you come about your ideas, to know what to pack for different occasions or people?
 
Hampers By Michelle: Inspiration from everywhere movies. Social media. Just regular walking into a store to buy groceries and I get ideas. I am also a wedding planner and decorator so I understand the wedding market
Kemi Mobuse blog: What is your most memorable experience since starting out?
Hampers By Michelle: Most memorable experience - I have so many, but my best is; seeing the ladies smile and excited to get a beautiful gift.


Kemi Mobuse blog: What has being an entrepreneur taught you?

Hampers By Michelle: Being an entrepreneur has taught me not to settle for being average.

Kemi Mobuse blog: Any advice for future entrepreneurs?

Hampers By Michelle: Advice - follow ur passion, Don't be deterred, work hard enough so that, one day you will go from being overlooked to overbooked.

Kemi Mobuse blog: Lastly, how can you be contacted?
 
Hampers By Michelle: Contact ☎ 08033338196
✉hampersbymichelle@yahoo.com

Facebook Page: Hampers By Michelle

More pictures below: 






























  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments