If you love food as much as i do, and want something out of the ordinary then you need to meet the CEO of Ipanu Foods

By Kemi Mobuse - Wednesday, April 13, 2016




Just imagine, finally getting home, after a hard day work,  and quietly suffering through another round of Lagos Traffic, to then be confronted with the herculean task of making dinner for your family, before trudging to bed at around 11 pm? Chai! that's a really scary feeling, and if it were me, I doubt il be able to function like a normal human being after sitting through the traffic alone, let alone cook. 

But, why put yourself through all that though? hian!  when with just a dial away, you can have your food served and steaming hot in front of you and your family in seconds? That is what Ipanu Food is all about, they take your orders, and have them delivered, right at your doorstep. guess what? They cater too! 
I was privileged to meet with the passionate and talented CEO of the brand, and she just kept my mind wandering to the food all through, i doubt i remembered all what we discussed,
do feel free to have a look see, and see why you need to holler at her right away!
Kemi Mobuse blog: Can we meet you?

Ipanu Foods: My name is Nneka Tomilola Adesanya

Kemi Mobuse blog: What do you do?
 
Ipanu Foods: I run a catering outfit and a food delivery company, called Ipanu food ventures
 
Kemi Mobuse blog: What inspired your going into catering?

Ipanu Foods: It was borne out of the need to make available road side snacks synonymous with the low class available to the entire populace irrespective of class.
 


Kemi Mobuse blog: And how did you start out?
 
Ipanu Foods: I started while I was still in paid employment, started off with making breakfasts for my colleagues at work which included fried yam (popularly called dudun as a street food with dodo as well.
Then a colleague asked if I could cater at his wedding and the answer was a big fat Yes. He specifically asked for something different from the usual small chops served at parties which he had seen me package to work a few times which was the popular "dudun"
I decided to come up with a menu that would keep mouths moving sha, so I included peppered snails....told him that and he was cool with it
So that was officially my first catering job that made believe even more in what I wanted to do.
 
Kemi Mobuse blog: What challenges have you experienced since then that almost made you give up? And what has it taught you?
 
Ipanu Foods: Hmmmm....challenges. I would say there have been several challenges at different points of the business's growth from logistics to staffing to financing the business
But, all these have taught me to never stop pushing. Everything would come but you have to keep moving.
 
Kemi Mobuse blog: What is your favourite part of what you do?
 
Ipanu Foods: My favourite part is when I get honest feedback from clients on what we did great and what we can do better



Kemi Mobuse blog: And what is the inspiration behind your name choice
 
Ipanu Foods: I guess the inspiration behind the name came from    the line of food service I wanted to offer. It was centered around street/local Nigerian snacks/delicacies at the time so the name IPANU showed up. Ipanu Foods: IPANU meaning snacks in English more literally means engaging your mouth in Yoruba

Kemi Mobuse blog: Any advice for future entrepreneurs?
 
Ipanu Foods: Advice would be to put heart into everything you do, people can tell from a distance when they see heart involved.

Kemi Mobuse blog: Lastly, how can you be contacted?

Ipanu Foods: We can be reached on 08037230062,
Facebook: Ipanufoods
instagram @ipanufoods
Twitter @ipanufoods. 

Check out more pictures below:
 






























  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments