ABARI™: Meet the Nigerian who makes Bamboo Sunglasses!!!

By Kemi Mobuse - Friday, April 15, 2016


Glancing through  Instagram as usual, on the search for new and unique products to feature, something uniquely and refreshingly different caught my eyes; Sunglasses....made from Bamboo, yeah, you heard me right! those sleek and fashionable sunglasses are totally made from Bamboo.  I repeat "Bamboo" 😱, when I first saw it, I gave a skeptical face like "Bamboo biti bawo" 😒 (Bamboo, as how?)  I just couldn't resist the urge to bring it here and share with you guys!

I became curious as to getting full details of these unique and intellectual work of art, my curiosity pushed me to searching for the "Brain" behind this, and Alas!!! 💃💃I got him, my dear darlings meet Abari Abdul-Hamid Oluwadamilola.


Here is a young Nigerian -"Dammy", as he is fondly called, is a promising young entrepreneur also an engineer who is currently in the UK, pursuing Masters education. In addition to that, he produces and sells SUN-GLASSES MADE FROM BAMBOO/Wood which makes it health friendly, the Lens is UV protective and they are not too expensive 😊

He says more about himself:

“My name is Abari Abdulhamid Damilola, i was born on the 6th of March 1989 and i’m from Lagos State, Nigeria.

"I’m a graduate of Igbinedion University Okada with a major in Mechanical Engineering, Presently undergoing my Master’s degree in the University of Sheffield U.K in Process Safety and Loss Prevention."

Aspiration: Hope to build a factory for making bamboo products in Nigeria which I am already working on with my present manufacturer.


PROUDLY, ABARI SUN-GLASSES

Product Information

Models: There are two models now Coffee Brown and Creamie

COFFEE BROWN MODEL

Coffee model bamboo sunglasses are eco-friendly, water resistant, they float on water. Non-slippery when sweating and more reliable than the plastic frames. They come in a Wayfarer style shape and suits most face notwithstanding the size of face





CREAMIE MODEL

The Creamie model are made from ecological bamboo which is the original colour of the bamboo. This sunglasses are eco-friendly, water resistant, that float on water and Non-slippery when sweating unlike the plastic frame glasses. They come with Wayfarer style, TAC polarized lenses providing full sun protection for your eyes from UV rays and strengthened flex-steel hinges.




ACCESSORIES

Each pair comes in a hard bamboo box with a silk lens cloth, silk bag and a little gift.

LENSES

The Lenses are TAC (Tri Acetate Cellulose) polarized lenses which offer superior visual and polarization clarity. They are hard coated to resist scratching and block out 100% of all harmful UV rays up to 400 nanometers, and are also lightweight and highly impact resistant.



LENS COLOURS

Available in Blue and Green, other colours are coming out soon.

Wouldn't you rather buy #naijatogrownaira?  Trust me "obe to dun owo lo pa"

For more information/details, follow
On IG: @abaritm
Email: abaritm@yahoo.com
Twitter: @abaritm

Excerpts from: http://bridesandmuslimsweddings.blogspot.com.ng/

More pictures: 



















  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Great innovation. Classical outlook. Uncommon branding. Respect

    ReplyDelete