I never planned to be a fashion Designer but now, I'm proud to be one - CEO of Honeybimbz couture

By Kemi Mobuse - Wednesday, April 27, 2016



As the made in Nigeria hashtag keeps trending, Nigerian youths are still very determined to go with the trend and set the paces for others to follow. And i have to agree, a lot of these youths are better off, working for themselves, exploiting their God Given talents and will hopefully end up being major players in their field. With the believe, that the sky is your starting point, you can certainly be anything, you set out to be.

Such is the case of Ms Abimbola the CEO of Honeybimbz couture, who majored in Microbiology back in her university days and ended up becoming a now successful Fashion Designer. 

She had a short sit down with KMB, and below is what she said:


Kemi Mobuse blog: Can we meet you?
 
Honey Bimbz Couture: Yes my name is Ajibola bimbo.
 
Kemi Mobuse blog: What do you do?
 
Honey Bimbz Couture: Am a fashion designer and a business woman
 
Kemi Mobuse blog: When did you decide you wanted to become a fashion designer?
 
Honey Bimbz Couture: I made the decision of becoming a fashion designer 2013 during my service year
 


Kemi Mobuse blog: What is the name of your brand and how old is it?
 
Honey Bimbz Couture: My brand name is Honeybimbzcouture. It's 2years plus now.
 
Kemi Mobuse blog: How was starting out for you capital wise?
 
Honey Bimbz Couture: I didn’t really have any problem with capital. My mom is a pillar to me...my world is built around her..She supported me with the capital. Moreover I have been a business woman since my school days, so I had no issue with getting capital to kick start my business.
 
Kemi Mobuse blog: What major challenges did you experience in the course of starting out, more importantly, what lessons can you say you learnt from them?
 
Honey Bimbz Couture: My major challenge was that of distance, commuting daily from where I lived, to the venue of my training center was really tough, but I got used to it because it turned out to be actually worth the stress. I learnt a lot of lessons along the way, especially how to treat your students and customers...
 


Kemi Mobuse blog: What is your favourite part about being a fashion designer?
 
Honey Bimbz Couture: My favorite part is styling people...I actually never saw myself doing this because I studied Microbiology in school, but now, i am really happy about where I am and what I do, the feedback from my customers has really been encouraging and spurring me on.
 
Kemi Mobuse blog: What were your inspirations for the designs you created?
 
Honey Bimbz Couture: My inspiration comes from my personality...I love fashion a lot...I buy a lot of clothes, bags, shoes, perfumes, and hair  for myself, then matched it up with dresses I designed myself, as a result, I get lots of compliments, with everyone asking who made my dresses? Or where I bought it? I get most of my customers this way

Kemi Mobuse blog: Who inspired you the most in fashion?
Honey Bimbz Couture: OG style temple she's my favorite, I love April by kunbi designs too and Elegante tiannah styling (Toyin lawani)
 
Kemi Mobuse blog: Where do you see your brand in 5 years?
Honey Bimbz Couture: I see my clothing line being successful in 5years.i see myself as one of the top Nigeria fashion designer. I see my brand being rocked home and abroad...and I see myself having several branches worldwide..
 

Kemi Mobuse blog: What advice do you have for upcoming entrepreneurs?
 
Honey Bimbz Couture: My advice to upcoming entrepreneurs is to stay focused...they shouldn't mix business with pleasure...
 
Kemi Mobuse blog: Lastly, how can you be contacted?
 
Honey Bimbz Couture: Call 08139570451, 
whatsapp 08125009040, 
bbm 557291A5, 
instagram@honeybimbzcouture
Facebook:Ajibola bimbo.

More pictures below; 

































  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments