I want to come home to my ambient sanctuary- my Home and yea! you can do just that, with Dach Candles!

By Kemi Mobuse - Wednesday, April 13, 2016



At the end of a busy day all I want to do is to relax in my home. I want to be able to easily find somewhere to put my feet up, sip a glass of wine or a cup of tea, ignore the world outside and just be free from any kinds of stress or tension. 

I truly believe, as I know you do too, that our houses are not just bricks and mortar or timber and nails; our houses are our homes,places of refuge and places that are close to our hearts.The more love we put into our homes the more welcoming, relaxed and ambient they will feel. 

They can also positively influence behaviour, emotions, and overall mental health.hence, so, the way I put my stamp on my surroundings to not only showcase my collective taste but also create a relaxed and welcoming environment in every room of my home is to use scented candles.And you can do just that do, by using Dach Candles! 

Read more on her feature below:


Kemi Mobuse blog: Can we meet you?What do you do?
 
Dach Candles: My name is Adacha dzarma. I'm a lawyer based in Abuja.
 
Kemi Mobuse blog: Are you practicing law? Or do you have another business of yours?
 
Dach Candles: I'm still practicing and I do have a business I own Dach candles
 
Kemi Mobuse blog: What inspired your going into candle production?
 
Dach Candles: I love scents and the ambiance candles create.
I love the idea that your sense of smell is the most powerful of all the human senses and has the ability to transform a person’s mood and environment almost instantaneously. I wanted to have a Nigerian made candle and oil company that was on the same standard as the international ones.



Kemi Mobuse blog: How did you now start out? And how old is your brand?
 
Dach Candles: I wanted to have a Nigerian made candle and oil company that was on the same standard as the international ones
Well it took almost a year of research and trial runs. It wasn't easy. I tried to source as much as I could from Nig. I eventually started November, 2015. I started by word of mouth.
My Family and friends were the first clients, from there, it gradually built up
 
Kemi Mobuse blog: Awwww, how was the market reception back then, compared to now?
 
Dach Candles: I was soooo scared that it wouldn't be receptive as most people prefer the. bigger international brands. But, the funny thing is; the reception was warm. I got great reviews and return clients that referred people to me.So far, it has been nice.
 


Kemi Mobuse blog: What can you say being an entrepreneur has taught you?
 
Dach Candles: First lesson was resilience: You have to be tough with suppliers because the negotiations are endless
2. Patience and toughness at the same time, so as not to be cheated or let your product be undervalued.
3. Always have a plan and goal
4. But above all, be passionate about your business

Kemi Mobuse blog: What major challenges have you experienced since inception?
 
Dach Candles: Steady supply of raw materials as well as, the exchange rate.
Also, the stress of having to defend the Nigerian brand
 
Kemi Mobuse blog: About your scents, do you have a variety of scents you produce or just one?

Dach Candles: I have 11 scents

Kemi Mobuse blog: How did you come about the scents?

Dach Candles: The fragrance oils I use in products are sourced locally and internationally

Kemi Mobuse blog: Can you describe any of them as your favorite?
 

Dach Candles: My favorite scent is the first scent I worked with;Sweat pea. This elegant scent captures the sweet and floral essence of an English garden reminiscent of hyacinth, lily of the valley, violets and wild jasmine with a background of light herbal and raspberry notes.

Kemi Mobuse blog: Are your scents limited to liquid, like diffusers? Or there is more?
 
Dach Candles: Right now I make scent candles and wax melts. I will soon expand to fragrance oils and reed diffusers.
 
Kemi Mobuse blog: What advice do you have for future entrepreneurs?
 
Dach Candles: Let your passion be your drive.
Don't start a business because it’s the popular
Have a clear plan and do your research so you are prepared
 
Kemi Mobuse blog: How can you be contacted?
 

Dach Candles: By email dachcandles@gmail.com
Call 09054209077
Instagram is dach_candles

pictures below:



















  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments