I have been baking for 20 years give or Take, and I never once attended a Culinary/Pastry School - CEO Pearl Onyx Cakes

By Kemi Mobuse - Monday, May 16, 2016



Nigeria is blessed with abundant Talents. Most of these talents are unknown or unheard of, because No one has written about them. Today, we bring you the story of a super talented Baker and Cake designer, who has carved her own niche in the cake industry. Mrs Tony-omotoso Adepeju is no greenhorn in her field and her story is bound to inspire others.

In this chat with KMB,Mrs Tony-omotoso Adepeju chronicles her journey so far....


Kemi Mobuse blog: Can we meet you?

Pearlonyxcake: Mrs Tony-omotoso Adepeju

Kemi Mobuse blog: What do you do?
 
Pearlonyxcake: I bake and design cakes.
 
Kemi Mobuse blog: What inspired your going into the cake baking field?
 
Pearlonyxcake: It has always been a passion of mine, right since I was young. For me, Cooking, baking have always come naturally.


Kemi Mobuse blog: Were you self taught or did you go to a culinary/ pastry school?
 
Pearlonyxcake: I was Self taught, I have never been to a culinary/pastry school.
 
Kemi Mobuse blog: When did you decide it was time to make a profession of your passion?
 
Pearlonyxcake: That will be around 2009, but it wasn't serious. I started taking it seriously late 2013, because, a former colleague used to tell me my business will take me serious when I take it seriously. It was then; I decided to put in more effort in the product finishing. And from there, I started a bbm channel, Facebook posting etc
 
Kemi Mobuse blog: What was your first baking job and how was the reception?
 
Pearlonyxcake: Been baking for money since my university days. And, my cakes have always had a warm reception as far as I can remember.
 
Kemi Mobuse blog: How old is your brand now and what is the name?
 
Pearlonyxcake: About 7yrs, I think. Pearl-onyx cakes
 


Kemi Mobuse blog: And you have been in the baking scene for how long?
 
Pearlonyxcake: About 20 yrs give or take.
 
Kemi Mobuse blog: In your opinion, what is the hardest part of being a Baker?
 
Pearlonyxcake: The long hours you put into the job to meet up with clients orders and making sure the cake looks as good as it can.
 
Kemi Mobuse blog: What for you is the most satisfying part of being a Baker?

Pearlonyxcake: Seeing people enjoy your cake from the look to the taste

 
Kemi Mobuse blog: Out of all your cakes made so far, which can you say, is your favorite?
 
Pearlonyxcake: It's a bit difficult to have a favorite.  I have a few I like though.
 


Kemi Mobuse blog: What do you hope to achieve with your brand?

Pearlonyxcake: Providing quality and value for money spent on cake and being in the hearts of the masses.

Kemi Mobuse blog: Any advice for future entrepreneurs?


Pearlonyxcake: Always have faith in your dreams, be patient, persistent and persevere. Also strive to be better each passing day.

Kemi Mobuse blog: Lastly, how can you be contacted?
 
Pearlonyxcake: I can be reached on 08076164226- calls and whatsapp, 2baffbe4- bbm pin.
bbmc-c00438c2b.
IG - @pearlonyxcake.

Facebook - www.Facebook.com/pearl-onyx

More pictures below;















 

  

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments