My Friend was the inspiration behind me starting my brand - CEO Crochet Creations

By Kemi Mobuse - Tuesday, May 24, 2016


Having a friend, who believes so much in you, even when you don;t have faith in yourself is always a special Blessing and a Privilege. Because, those friends are the ones, who sees for you, when you are blind to your own talents and abilities. They are the ones, who sees greatness in You, even when you have nothing doing. If you are lucky, to have such, as I am too, hold on to them, and appreciate them, because, those are the ones you need to help you grow always.

Mrs Maryanne Olawumi the CEO of Crochet Creations was really lucky in this aspect, as she shared in her interview with KMB, excerpts below;


Kemi Mobuse blog: Can we meet you, what do you do?

Crochet creations: My name is Maryanne Olawumi. A self taught crocheter
I make crochet items for sale. Some of the items I make are booties, headbands, caps and sweaters for babies, as well as; some items for adults like earrings, headbands, caps for both men and women.
I also make footmats/ rugs and Key holders for souvenirs.
 


Kemi Mobuse blog: What inspired your going into this business?

Crochet creations: I started learning to make baby booties just for my 2nd daughter while I was pregnant with her. A good friend of mine suggested I could sell them. To me, it didn't look so good but people bought them.
And since then I've adjusted and perfected it over time. I'm really glad she pushed me to do it too.
 
Kemi Mobuse blog: What is the name of your brand and how old is it?
 
Crochet creations: It’s called BB Anne's Crochet Creations. I started in 2012; it’s just about 4 years old now.

Kemi Mobuse blog: What major challenges have you experienced since inception, and how did you cope?
 
Crochet creations: Patronage is usually affected by the weather. Because what we advertise are yarn made items for warmth, we usually get more orders during the cold season than during the hot season. That's why I started making headbands, sandals, earrings for use, irrespective of the season. Then as time went on; rugs came into play too.
But the major challenge I've had so far; is trying to keep up with demand when it is high. I've tried to find a way around it by making the soles of the booties, flowers, caps in different colours and sizes just to have them ready, for when there is much demand; so that way, it doesn't take me a long time to finish orders. I do this; mainly because, all orders are MADE TO ORDER (meaning that I make them as you order for them). That way, people have a chance to mix and match the colours to their liking.
Another challenge is time, time to market well, time to make products, time to go for events. Just time generally. Lol . I'm married with 3 kids, all under the age of 6. if also have a job. So time is a luxury for me. I try to do as much as I can though but it’s not easy
 


Kemi Mobuse blog: What can you say being an entrepreneur has taught you?

Crochet creations: Being an entrepreneur has taught me resilience and patience. There are times when there will be no orders, I try to keep myself occupied, and it has also taught me to be resourceful.

Kemi mobuse blog: What are your future plans for Crochet Creations?

Crochet creations: I'm presently working on an online portfolio where people can go and view pictures of my work.

Kemi Mobuse blog: Any advice for upcoming entrepreneurs?

Crochet creations: Advice for upcoming entrepreneurs would be; to hang in there and find new ways to spice up whatever it is you are involved in.
 
Kemi Mobuse blog: Lastly, how can you be contacted?
 
Crochet creations: My contact information;

Email: bbannesworld@gmail.com
Instagram: bbannesworld
Twitter: bbannesworld
Phone or whatsapp through : 09022990085, 08051119700
BBMC PIN: C00312B6C

More pictures below;
















































  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments