My baby girl's refusal for me to tame and dress her hair, was the inspiration behind my brand - CEO Zarah's Closet

By Kemi Mobuse - Tuesday, May 31, 2016


If you have a baby girl either in the form of your own daughter or a niece or a relative, with a full head of hair begging to be tamed, plaited and dressed, only downside is, the little tyke would raise hell on earth, if she as much as see a comb approaching her beautiful mane of hair. Most times, the poor Mom has either two options; to simply give up and cut it off or find other solutions. She, instead of giving up, used this as a source of inspiration;used the situation to her advantage and gave birth to her brand....Zarah's Closet.

In the interview , she has with KMB, the CEO revealed more about her brand and how she juggles her responsibilities as a lawyer and an entrepreneur, excepts below;


Kemi Mobuse blog: Can we meet you?
 
Zarah’s  Closet: My name is Titilope Wakwe. I'm a lawyer by profession
 
Kemi Mobuse blog: What is the name of the brand and how old is it?
 
Zarah Closet: Zarah's closet and it’s 6 months old

Kemi Mobuse blog: What inspired your starting Zarah’s Closet?

Zarah Closet: Zarah's closet was born out of the fact that I didn't know what to do with my baby’s hair
She didn't like me combing or packing or plaiting it, So, I was looking for a nice way to still make her hair look pretty despite all that. SO, I started making the hair bows.
I also make necklaces and bracelets and some children's clothes mostly for girls.
She was my inspiration and it was easy for me to start out, simply because, I love making things with my hands. It gives me a lot of joy to see something I created.

 



Kemi Mobuse blog: What major challenges have you had to deal with since inception?
 
Zarah Closet: Getting quality products to use is a major challenge. Sometimes, you have to import materials et al. Especially with the exchange rate.
 
Kemi Mobuse blog: What is a typical day like for you?
 
Zarah Closet: Depends on the type of day it is.
Mostly, it's usually wake up, get breakfast ready for everybody, get my 14 month old to Creche. Then work, work , work. Sort out clients if I have any orders. Pick up my baby from the Creche. Then, I Come home and cook dinner and continue working if I haven't met my deadlines. From there, to bed.

Kemi Mobuse blog: How do you combine your job as a lawyer to you being an entrepreneur?
 
Zarah Closet: It's hectic. That's the word. But, I try to multi task and juggle everything together
 


Kemi Mobuse blog: What can you say being an entrepreneur has taught you?
 
Zarah Closet: Resilience. The fact that you have to keep going despite everything

Kemi Mobuse blog: Any advice for upcoming entrepreneurs?
 
Zarah Closet: I would say follow your heart, follow your passion, do what you love, pray hard, start small, think big and always have a positive mindset.

Kemi Mobuse blog: How can you be contacted?

Zarah Closet: 08059546316
Instagram @zarahscloset

Twitter @rikkymartins

More pictures below;























  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments