Do not be afraid of challenges- Oscar Peter, CEO Oscar Shoes

By Kemi Mobuse - Thursday, May 19, 2016


This week on #StartupStories, we caught up with Oscar Peter, a 22 year old shoe manufacturer/designer based in Kaduna state, Nigeria. He shared some of the inspiration behind his brand Oscar Shoes with me and it is definitely an interesting one...do enjoy! 

                                        

Oscar Shoes is a brand that manufactures and sells all kinds of  footwear for ladies, men and children. We have been in existence for about four years now.  Our goal is to protect the feet of our clients with quality footwear. The brand has training sessions for people who are willing to learn the trade as well.
                                
                                     

The whole idea to start a shoe designing brand came up when I graduated from secondary school and could not get an admission into the university. I felt that I needed to do something to while away the time.  I loved making shoes and i had people around me who believe that i could make a fortune out of my passion. My family  supported me from the start and my manager also encouraged me to develop my talents. I started having clients who emphasized on the need to be consistent and dedicated to my work. The belief that with God, all things are possible, has been my major motivation.

              

The brand has had several challenges with the aspect of finance and growth of competitors. However, what I do is to buy most of the materials needed in bulk and for the competitors,  I use unique and quality materials for my work with a perfect finishing.

    
                                                      

I hope that some day, Oscar Shoes would be the number one shoe design brand in the global market. I aspire to own a very big factory someday were I would be able to create job opportunities for Nigerians and  manufacture  shoes in larger quantities.

                                                                   

I believe every human being was born with a gift, so you should bring out that talent in you without fear. Also, have passion for whatsoever you want to do. Do not be afraid of the challenges that will come your way. As a young Nigerian, be aware that a white collar job might not necessarily be ideal for you. 



Oscar Peter
Shoe Designer
CEO, Oscar Shoes
You can contact Oscar via Email: oscaramedu944@gmail.com,
WhatsApp 08183027470, 
twitter@oscaramedu 
Fb: https://m.facebook.com/

Source: http://mzabiola.blogspot.com.ng/

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments