Starting out for me was very very tough, but my passion kept me going - CEO Bodyart Couture

By Kemi Mobuse - Sunday, May 22, 2016


Being a Fashion Designer is a highly rewarding job. There’s an amazing sense of accomplishment and joy seeing your final product on people and in stores. It’s very hands on, fast paced, and mentally challenging (in a good way), and when you find your niche it’s all the more enjoyable. Within Fashion, they are so many categories to chose from, all depending on what you want to do. As a Fashion Designer, your main responsibilities are to research future trends (sometimes forecasting up to 1 1/2 years in advance), design a product for your niche market, source the materials to create the product, and finally help communicate your vision to transform it into a physical garment.

Jolaosho, the CEO of Bodyart couture, didn't find it easy either. She chronicled her journey for us in the interview she had with KMB. Excepts below:

Kemi Mobuse blog: Can we meet you?

Jolaosho: My name is Jolaosho ayooluwa

Kemi Mobuse blog: What do you do?

Jolaosho: I’m a fashion designer
 
Kemi Mobuse blog: What inspired your going into the fashion Field?

Jolaosho: My passion for fashion is enough inspiration 😊
I Love people looking good and it makes me happy... It really give me joy to put a smile on their faces....



Kemi Mobuse blog: What is the name of your brand and how old is it?
 
Jolaosho: Body Art Couture. It’s now 2years 3months +

Kemi Mobuse blog: How was starting out for you, capital wise?
 
Jolaosho: It was pretty difficult.... not easy at all... I started my business with 20k. It was very very very difficult.
 
Kemi Mobuse blog:How were you able to manage?

Jolaosho: Hard work, focus, determination and the most important is the passion... because, when everything goes wrong only the passion remains. And of course God's grace.
 
Kemi Mobuse blog: How has the market reception been then vs now?
 

Jolaosho: Then it was very low.... but now.... very much better.I get booked for a 2 months straight sometimes

Kemi Mobuse blog: What major challenges have you experienced in the course of your journey, how did you pull through, and more importantly, what has it taught you?

Jolaosho: So many challenges I don't even know which to pick on

Kemi Mobuse blog: Who are the fashion icons in the industry that has inspired you?

Jolaosho: Icons are April by kunbi, NHN, style Temple etc
 
Kemi Mobuse blog: What is your favourite part of being a fashion designer?
 
Jolaosho: The smile I see on my client face.... gives me sooo much joy
 
Kemi Mobuse blog: Where do you get inspiration for your designs?

Jolaosho: Sometimes I do my sketches... sometimes clients tell me what they want, and then, I can only do my own addition and subtraction... to avoid copy n paste
 


Kemi Mobuse blog: Any advice for upcoming entrepreneurs?

Jolaosho: To be focused and keep the zeal alive

 
Kemi Mobuse blog: Lastly, how can you be contacted?
 
Jolaosho: "Visit BAC @ 3 Modupe Street, Anifowose, Ikeja
Whatsup/Call "08138608809"
www.facebook.com/bodyartcouture
Instagram : @bodyart_couture






































  • Share:

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. We met actually when she was about starting her business, she was very calm and focused exactly what I noticed in her vision that made me agreed to takeup her logo design 'BAC', I'm glad today she's stamping her signature across. Bless her ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, she knows what she wants and go all out for it. Big thinker!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She pays so much attention to details,her work always stands out.knew she would go places.keep up the gd work Ayo dear.BAC rocks anytime,any day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She pays so much attention to details,her work always stands out.knew she would go places.keep up the gd work Ayo dear.BAC rocks anytime,any day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her works will across the world to Europe, North America, Middle East and Asia. She is very talented and gifted. Also I found her works very affordable, you will pay half of clothes you get in stores for her work.

    ReplyDelete