I ventured into designing when i lost my mum - CEO Babe4life Ankara

By Kemi Mobuse - Friday, March 25, 2016


I have been observing of late that ankara is coming back in a big way, in different ways, in different styles, infact, the uses are various and really numerous, it is therefore a privilege to come up close to someone who makes a big living out of using ankara specially. 

The CEO of Babe4life is a very talented, amiable lady who is really passionate about what she does and have a way of thinking outside the box. Its really inspiring , that though she lost her Mom, she still lives with the value her mom impacted to her, and she is a living lesson on why, you don't have any excuse preventing you on being who you aspire to be!

She has a brief chat with us, where she told us, how it all started.....



Kemi Mobuse blog: Can we meet you? 
Babe4lifeankara: My name is Folake Jaiyeola Omotoye.

Kemi Mobuse blog: What do you do? 
Babe4lifeankara : I am the CEO of babe4life Ankara. We deal in readymade ankara wears and accessories for women, Men and children
 

Kemi Mobuse blog: Does that make you a fashion designer?Or is there another way to address you? 
Babe4lifeankara: I am a chartered Accountant. Graduate of Economics from the University of Ilorin. I ventured into designing when i lost my mum.
 
Kemi Mobuse blog: What is your favourite part about being a fashion designer?
 
Babe4lifeankara: The favourite part for me is sourcing beautifully crafted ankara and making designs for my clientele. I believe no fabric is ugly.  Every ankara fabrics fits its own designs
 
Kemi Mobuse blog: Why Ankara in particular? 


Babe4lifeankara: This is my mum. Mrs ABike ojuolape Jaiyeola. The beautiful person that helped in bringing me down to this earth. She is my confident and my back bone. A great adviser. I started my biz because of her. She was born 7th of May 1950 in ilaro ogun state. She encouraged me to be what i wanted to be. Yeah she encouraged me to be an accountant. She died on the 24th Sept 2008. She died despite all to prevent her. After her death my dad wanted us to give her clothes out to friends and family. Trust me., mummy Jay had loads of clothes. Yeah loads of ankara. In February 2010"i took some of her ankara scarves and i made three patched ankara dresses for my two sisters and I. Taiwo. Folake. Lolade. I wore my dress to church on feb 14th 2010 to church and and every body wanted to buy the dress. I sold four replicas that month. That was how this business babe4life started. Thank you mum. I miss you. But even in death you cater for me financially

Kemi Mobuse blog: What is the name of your brand now?And how has the market reception been? 
Babe4lifeankara: The name is babe4life and it has been awesome
 
Kemi Mobuse blog: What can you say, been an entrepreneur has taught you? 
Babe4lifeankara: As an entrepreneur you must have passion for what you are doing. 
Kemi Mobuse blog: What has been a fashion designer taught you? 

Babe4lifeankara: I love ankara fabrics i enjoy the act of making others beautiful and pleased

Kemi Mobuse blog: Do you have a big shop now, and do training too? Or you make from home? 
Babe4lifeankara: I have two shops now. One in Ikoyi and the other in Anthony village
I currently do not do training for now.

Kemi Mobuse blog: How can you be contacted? 
Babe4lifeankara: Call 08033210695 or 08187711709.
Instagram: @Babe4lifeankara
Address: no 4 Adebayo Mokolu st Anthony or d91 giwa shopping complex Ikoyi LagosKemi Mobuse blog: Thank You for your time.Babe4lifeankara: Thank you too.
Pictures of her works below:























  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments