And then the Cobbler just sauntered in !

By Kemi Mobuse - Wednesday, March 02, 2016


Apparently, the men were feeling a little bit left out, and we can’t afford to have any of that, can we?
So, off to Instagram to be on the prowl for talented men, we go....
Bam! We came across Stephen Umeh Nnamdi 27, who called himself a cobbler, but, be warned, He is a totally talented and an educated Cobbler with taste with talents in a host of things as revealed in his interview below!.

Kemi Mobuse blog: Can we meet you?
Brand Moller: I'm Stephen Umeh Nnamdi Aka Mcmoller
I'm an Entertainment/Creative Director.
But my shoe label is called BrandMoller
 
Kemi Mobuse blog: Wow, a man of many talents, nice one!
Your shoe label was what actually caught my attention
How did you go into the business? What inspired it?
 
Brand Moller: Thankx.
I once lacked good shoes,at a point I was sneaking around, wearing my Brother’s shoe to school, and there was one day, I was in the midst of a class when he called me to bring his shoe back home after  he discovered I took it.
So I was like, I think I need to make my own pairs irrespective of the fact that it might not be high earned.
So I started my own thing.
 
Kemi Mobuse blog: Heya! That’s really touching and inspiring
So, how old is the business and how has it been faring?
 
Brand Moller: It's officially 5years now.
Well it's been great because, I attach myself with the celebrities.
Made shoes for a couple of them and I get referral from them.
 
Kemi Mobuse blog: What is your staff strength?

Brand Moller: Currently, I have eight people working for me. Four of them are into production; two are into online marketing, while the other two are into physical marketing.

Kemi Mobuse blog: Woww!!!! @celebrities, nice one dear.
How has the market reception been? What challenges have you faced?
 
Brand Moller: My challenges have been competing with other brands on the same consumer clients
Doing a shoe that the owner has to take time before he picks it up, probably because he is outta the country. And it's cash trapping.

Kemi Mobuse blog: I can just imagine how that feels
😡😡😡😡, lol!@ cash strapped


Brand Moller: Yesso.
 
Kemi Mobuse blog: How did you meet the celebrities in the first place? Before getting referrals.
 
Brand Moller: In 2006, I was actually managing the Naija Ninjas, i.e Baba Dee and Sound Sultan his younger brother. I was more like an independent manager then. I had affiliation with M.I, Tuface, and Solid Star. Then the Nigerian music industry had not grown as it is today, we still knew ourselves when we came to a gathering. While managing them I decided to create a niche for myself that was when I decided to go into fashion while using their contacts as a leverage to improve myself. I have currently made shoes for Soundsultan, Baba dee, Sean tizzle, Blakah, Karma n yung grace.
 
Kemi Mobuse blog: Omo!!! You are a big guy ohhh! Respect!
 
Brand Moller: We bless God.
 
Kemi Mobuse blog: Is this your sole source of livelihood?

Brand Moller: Nope.
I'm also an artist manager, Mc, Dj, and event organizer. Presently managing the activities of TuPerfect ENT.
Actually the primary company is Mo'concepts Entertainment. Brandmoller is a subsidiary. Mo'concepts does Artist management, Event organising, Music promo, media consultation, and brand activation.
 
Kemi Mobuse blog: Yes, that’s true, you mentioned that!
What was the worst advice you were given since the inception of your business?
 
Brand Moller: That one must be a graduate before he or she can be celebrated.
 
Kemi Mobuse blog: What makes you different from an average person on the street?

Brand Moller: That’s my level of hope. My level of hope is so high that I feel most times I am in the white house. It’s as if I am having a conversation with President Obama. My level of hope is like sky-diving, it’s like taking over the moon and bringing you back to where you are coming from. There is nothing like that; having a deep sense of hope. Thank God for hope.

Kemi Mobuse blog: What is the most memorable moment of your life?

Brand Moller: The most memorable moment of my life was when I made my first 1million naira. I have always been a go-getter. I am this one person who loves what he does so, I try as much as possible to rub my success on other people. I conceptualize, that’s where the MO concept came into existence. I also have some radio programs set to be launched soon, am just waiting for some investors who are still going through my port folio. Anything that has to do with making money catches my fancy.

Kemi Mobuse blog: What advice do you have for future entrepreneurs?
 
Brand Moller: To take the risk and be a billionaire
Life is all abt risk, no risk no reward! No stress without been blessed!
No pain no gain.
 
Kemi Mobuse blog: How will you like future customers to contact you?
 
Brand Moller: facebook.com/mollacious, @iambrandmoller Instagram handle:
BBM: 24D3C177 phone +2348132320454
 
Kemi Mobuse blog: thanks so much for your time
 


Brand Moller: Thank u so much also.

Check out some of his shoes and the man behind the business.....
























 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments