As a photographer,my aim is to always bring out the best personality in my client......Celebrity Photographer So Kream

By Kemi Mobuse - Thursday, October 19, 2017


Looking back to my secondary school days, I didn't consider myself beautiful by any standard, thanks to my hearing challenges...I however usually get compliments every now and then, but I never took them to heart. I avoided pictures like a plague. And as a result, I have no single picture to show for my six years stay in that school.

Fast forward to my University days, I have blossomed into myself then, and gained a little confidence along the way...an over enthusiastic  photographer eventually snagged me into posing for him. On seeing how beautiful the picture turned out...I was overjoyed and became an avid "poser"...I bet the photographer regretted his decision if not for the money I was paying him, cuz there I was, everyday, posing away like a peacock.....ko easy being a fine babe meehn!😉😉😉

All those pictures nko? I saved them ohhh! Infact, I already had a whole album by the time I was through with my Pre-degree program. And I can save pictures ehn!😏😅, If you sneak a look at my phone,you will definitely see a picture I took 12 years ago on it, Hehe! My sisters even  tagged me the living album, since I am their go-to person for throw back pictures. 👅.

Coming across Maro So was actually by luck, we have a mutual friend, and looking at the pictures she posts daily, while giving credits to  Maro...I was intrigued. There was just something, so real, so effortless and relative about his pictures, and trust me, getting a chance to know him, is too good an opportunity to pass by....Maro shares his journey and passion with us....trust me. its worth reading below:

Kemi Mobuse Blog: Maro, thank you for taking the time to talk to us! We'd love to hear a little more about your background in photography and how you got started in the field.
 
Maro: Well I haven’t always been a photographer… I started out as a graphic designer, that's like 7 years back but then, I got involved in photo retouching and that led to my interest in photography fully.
 
Kemi Mobuse Blog: When you photograph people, how much time do you spend researching and getting to know them first?
 
Maro: Well it's different for different subjects… If it's a personal project, we get to create that rapport before we can even work…  As for clients; I find as much information I can get about the person, or ideas regarding what we are shooting or creating.
 
Kemi Mobuse Blog: How much planning do you do for each shoot, and how much happens naturally?
 
Maro: Well… I love to cover the technical aspects and create a board for the kind of looks I’m going for. So we have an idea of what we trying to achieve…
 

Kemi Mobuse Blog: How do you capture genuine personality from your subject and get past the traditional publicity?
 
Maro: Well…I first try to make the subject feel free and get comfortable.  Music helps a lot; it’s just getting people in their own element. And letting it flow from there…
 
Kemi Mobuse Blog: Who decides whether the photo shoot will be serious or silly?
 
Maro: Lol! I’m actually a clown when I want to be. So, I guess mostly that's me…  I'm never too serious... I'm not the type that would want a very serious shoot. A little laughter doesn't hurt anybody.
 
Kemi Mobuse Blog: Do you coach or talk to your subjects about the expressions they will be making, or do you capture the spontaneous expressions from your conversation with them?
 
Maro: I do both mostly. I try to capture the natural expression and also go for the pictures on my mud board. Direction and coaching goes a long way in making everything go smoothly.
 
Kemi Mobuse Blog: Whose photo shoot has been the most memorable for you?


 
Maro: Well! That would be working with Mike Godson the actor.  We had so much fun shooting; it didn't feel like work anymore.
 
Kemi Mobuse Blog: Have you ever been star struck by one of your subjects?
 
Maro: Trust me I've been...  You get to met so many amazing people of different personalities
 
Kemi Mobuse Blog: If you could photograph a historical figure, who would it be?
 
Maro: To be honest, I never thought about that; but, I’m very certain, it's going to be someone from the entertainment industry.
 
Kemi Mobuse Blog: Are there any photographers or artists who have inspired your work?
 
Maro: Yea a lot… Too many to mention actually!  I'm always looking out for that awesome shot across the net… and creating my own ideas as well.


Kemi Mobuse Blog: Any tips on shooting a good portrait?
 
Maro: Yeah sure! I’ll advice that you know your subject. Know the technical aspect involved and understand your tools…Camera, lighting, composition...
 
Kemi Mobuse Blog: At this age you are at, would you say you've already found your path on where you would like to go in your career or are you still searching?

Maro: Photography has become more than a career for me…It's now a way of life for me and I’m just getting better with it and exploring the different aspect of it. Hopefully soon, I would get into motion pictures in the long run.
 
Kemi Mobuse Blog: Also, for all the photographers out there, what advice would you give them based on your personal experience?
 
Maro: I would advise them to work with any and every tool they have.  Keep creating; keep studying… try out new ideas and concept… And never get too comfortable.
 
Kemi Mobuse Blog: Lastly, how can you be contacted?
 
Maro: Instagram @maro_sokream
Phone / whatsapp 07069059935

Email: sokreammedia@gmail.com

Check out some of his beautiful shots below and drop a comment below....






























  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments