I had to invent and make a Hand bag out of a Spar shopping bag, the day I ran out of Yarns- CEO KEZA CRAFT

By Kemi Mobuse - Friday, August 25, 2017


Coming across this beautiful Bag on Facebook was a Wow! factor for me, It was obviously unique and I already fell in love with it, you can imagine my shock therefore on reading further and I saw that the bag was made out of Nylon...Yes! you heard me right, Nylon, actually it's a spar shopping bag but shebi its still called Nylon for short , Hehe!

I had to give an imaginary salute to the brain behind this invention, I decided to stalk her page and see what else she is capable of, and lo and behold, my eyes met with a lot of beautiful products,...Awwwww! I fell in love with her talent....and I silently praised my God above, who deemed it fit to bestow upon this beautiful woman, such a great talent .

Mrs Sandra George Kalio had a little chit chat with me and told me more about her passion....Please Read on below...

Kemi Mobuse Blog: Can we meet you?
 
Keza Craft: I’m Mrs Sandra George Kalio by name, from Delta State, and married to a Rivers Man, and I am a crocheter.

Kemi Mobuse Blog: That’s lovely! Crocheter by trade or by passion?
That is me asking, if that is what you do for a living?
 
Keza Craft: Both! Yes! It’s what I do for a living

Kemi Mobuse Blog: What made you decide to be a crocheter in the first place?

Keza CraftAt the time I was pregnant, And as an expectant mum I wanted to buy everything that will make my child look good and very unique, so I started searching till I stumbled on crocheted shoes, I was amazed and wanted to make them, so I started trying to make them coz I knew how to crochet way back in Secondary School, After then I went through some trainings so I could upgrade my skills.
 
Kemi Mobuse Blog: Why the name "Keza Craft" and how old is the business?
 
Keza Craft: Lol. OK... Keza was coined from the names Kendra and Zavier, they are names my husband and I planned to give our children in future.
Keza is 8 months old as a business.
It Started in December 2016
 
Kemi Mobuse Blog: What and what does Keza Craft make?
 
Keza Craft: We make baby products like sweaters, hair bands, head warmers, booties and adult products; shoes, earrings, bags and purses.



Kemi Mobuse Blog: What was starting out like for you, capital wise?

Keza Craft: I would say starting wasn't that difficult coz I have a very supportive family. My mum actually gave me my first capital (#10,000). And I didn't wait to start big.

Kemi Mobuse Blog: How can you say the market reception has been since inception?

Keza Craft: It’s been good so far but slow. We just need to educate people more, so they could know the value of handmade products.

Kemi Mobuse Blog: Do you have a favourite among all your products?
 
Keza Craft: I love Everything I have made. Each comes with a different experience, so they all appeal to me as unique as they are. Please permit me to say they are all my favorite.
 


Kemi Mobuse Blog: Hmmmm!!! What can you say is your distinguishing factor from other brands out there?
 
Keza Craft: I use the best and finest yarns, my patterns are selective and I try as much as possible to interpret LOVE in each of my product coz that's what they are made of.
 
Kemi Mobuse Blog: I remember coming across one of your work on Facebook, it’s a spar nylon, which you recycled, and turned into a beautiful bag, to say I was wowed is an understatement, can I ask, what made you think it was going to turn out that way, to even think it was possible?
 


Keza Craft: I had so many bags in my house that I was literally using them to pack dirts, Then one beautiful day I had no yarn and I decided to use the bags as I was itching to crochet something. I came up with this...
So Instead of littering the streets of Port Harcourt with plastic bags please bring them to me.... I can recycle them.
 
Kemi Mobuse Blog: That's nice.

Kemi Mobuse Blog: Can you tell us one thing people will be surprised to know about the CEO of Keza Craft?
 
Keza Craft: I love to dance... And I could dance while walking. I shouldn't just hear the sound of music.
 
Kemi Mobuse Blog: Hahaha! Nice one
 
Kemi Mobuse Blog: Any advice for upcoming entrepreneurs?
 
Keza Craft: Learn something new every day that improves your trade.
Consistence, persistence and patience will take you to the next level, it might seem like no one is seeing you now but they are, Truth is some are just waiting to see how dedicated you are.
 
Kemi Mobuse Blog: Lastly, how can you be contacted?
 
Keza Craft: You could via;
Facebook: @kezacraft
Instagram:@kezacraft
Twitter: @kezacraftng
 
Kemi Mobuse Blog: It’s really lovely dear. Thanks for your time ma’am.

Keza Craft: Thanks too...God bless and increase u
 
Kemi Mobuse Blog: Amen ma, and you too
 























































  • Share:

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Wow! Great. Weldone Keza, real beautiful works. Thanks Kemi for showcasing these works. Me love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandra you have such an amazing talent of creativity. God has blessed you indeed and it is good to know that you have used your talent and skill to contribute to life. You will go farther than you first imagined. God bless your hands and the works which they have found to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you will observe them to be in a decent condition.new collection hand bags

    ReplyDelete