Shutting down my first Business and Rebirthing it made me the success I am today! - CEO Inception Kiddies

By Kemi Mobuse - Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Looking back to those days, when I was just a Kid, I don't exactly look forward to attending parties, simply because; there was nothing exciting about it. All you will get is the usual: Jollof rice and one tough meat that can make you toothless, infact, Chicken is a rare occurrence.

It doesn't help at all that; all the Mums present will be having a silent competition on whose kid is the most well behaved one, with each one glaring at the oblivious kid who is gallantly trying to have some fun ...

Since growing up however, I observed Things have really changed, and all this was made all the more apparent, when I decided to celebrate my first son's birthday. I realized that; the kids have their own tables and Chairs, their own bottled water and not only that; they've got their own menu too..IYANMI 😰😰😰😰!!! why didn't someone tell me that before I started having kids and wants to celebrate parties? Hian!

Long story short, my pocket paid heavily for it and you can safely say, my bank account didn't smile at me for months 😩.. And the celebrant nko? The lil guy had the best fun of his life and he boastfully beats his chest every time he sees his party album, triumphantly piping to his baby brother...see Seyi's bobo mickey mouse party, see Seyi's bobo's cake, it was yummy!yummy!!! That alone made me smile for days, and I knew there and then that I made the right decision.

When I happened on Inception Kiddies page on Ig, the food was what actually drew my attention, and like my son says, it looks SO  yummy!yummy!! And having a chitchat with the beauty behind the brand was the highlight of my week....Hers is such an inspiring story ...please read below...

Kemi Mobuse Blog: Aisha, Can you briefly walk us through your story – how you started your brand and how you got to where you are today.
 
Inception Kiddies: From when I was a child I had always loved cooking and creating recipes; I could prepare meals in a jiffy. I thought of going into catering after I started getting words of encouragement first from my family then friends. I eventually started catering about 6 years ago. I named it Poinsettia. Things weren't going as well as I planned after which I decided to shut down. In 2014 there was a re-birth of Inception Caterers.
I changed the name to Inception which signifies my passion and skills in cooking right from birth.
 
Kemi Mobuse Blog: What was your primary motivation for going into Kids' party catering and what do you love about it?
 
Inception Kiddies: At most of the events I attended; I observed that; children rarely enjoy our usual food most definitely because it's boring to them, I decided there and then that; why not do something for our kids to make them happy and excited at their own events, you know give them their own menu. That's when I decided to carve out inception kiddies from Inception Catering.
It's so much fun with the kids never a dull moment. They are always very picky and precise about what they want.
 


Kemi Mobuse Blog: Has it been a smooth road?
 
Inception Kiddies: A successful Business man or woman can never boast of having a hitch-free or smooth road. For a business to be successful you must encounter a lot of shortcomings which depending on how determined and focused one is, will either make you or break you. It wasn't easy when I started, just like I mentioned earlier I had to shut down Poinsettia, which was my first attempt in the catering industry due to many problems. But I thank God I was able to fall in the category of a go-getter and revived myself. There is now a tremendous improvement though, you still find the low times and obviously the high times but generally I will say I thank God for it has been a success generally.
 
Kemi Mobuse Blog: So, as you know, we’re impressed with Inception Kids as a Brand – tell our readers more, for example what you’re most proud of as a company and what sets you apart from others.
 
Inception Kiddies: I'm most happy about the service I offer to my clients. Different people have different ways of handling businesses. We have people that try to minimize standards to maximize profits but for me, it is vice versa because, we are in what I must say a very delicate line of business that affects health and with just a wrong move, it can bring you crashing. A lot of people just go out for events and eat but sincerely some things are better left unsaid. For example I know a lot of people in this field use Ingredients that, probably if guests were to see what happens at the back, they won't eat. So this is what is in the dark because everyone just sees the finished product and not the process. I'm very proud that I do what I do wholeheartedly with a clean conscience and provide my clients with the very best and quality food. I am also happy to say I try to make sure I am able accommodate client's budget to create an enabling environment for everyone to be able to afford our service. I try to be different and unique in all I do and am very particular about our branding.
 
Kemi Mobuse Blog: It is very common for a lot of people to study one thing in university and then pursue a completely different field. What do you think that says about our educational system or culture as Africans?
 
Inception Kiddies: In Nigeria or Africa we study one thing and go into opposite job positions that don't relate. This is neither the fault of our educational system nor African culture, but the fault of the government and our decayed system. The system isn't what it should be. The operational system is wrong, the economy is not favorable to more than half of the population especially with the recession, I for one can tell you that within the last two years businesses and self employment have doubled, even tripled. If there is one thing I know, it is that; quite a number of entrepreneurs with businesses aren't in it because it's their flair or passion but, because of the situation in the country. There is a strong fight for survival, for people to be able to earn a living, take care of their families and immediate needs, which you can't say is wrong. On the positive side, it reduces the dependency of youths on the government; we need a balance between the two; that is: salary earners and business owners. It increases revenue for the government since every incorporated business has a duty of paying tax.
A successful businessman doesn't have to go to school but it is an added advantage.
 


Kemi Mobuse Blog: What has been the best kid’s party you’ve done so far and why? And the worst?
 
Inception Kiddies: Truth be told I don't have a best or worst kids party I have done. It is always exciting, I mean, this is my passion, I do it wholeheartedly, cooking is my hobby, it's what I know how to do best. There is never a dull moment with kids’ parties, you are always motivated. The different children, music, games etc always makes it fun and lively. For now I don't have a best or worst party and I hope not anytime soon, Lol!
 
Kemi Mobuse Blog: Many people identify human resources as their biggest challenge. What can young, unemployed Africans do to make themselves more appealing on the job market?
 
Inception Kiddies: Human Resource is wide and broad. In our country, we have Human Resources in excess but with a very high level of mismanagement. Our young unemployed Africans should also try and take things slow and steady. You see a graduate that just wants to hit a big job paying hundreds of thousands even without the right grade, qualification or experience .They hardly want to climb gradually. I feel they should apply for jobs like teaching etc which they mostly shy from. Most importantly use their educational skills and self skills to empower themselves and start on their own in the absence of government jobs. Though, there is the problem of capital but as I mentioned earlier, a successful businessman or woman must go through hard times but consistency is the key to achieving one's goal.
 
Kemi Mobuse Blog: What are your plans for the next 5 years of Inception Kids?
 
Inception Kiddies: In the next five years my vision is for INCEPTION KIDDIES to be a household name not only in Abuja but in major states in Nigeria all having a uniformed quality of food and service. To have a very wide range of unique kiddies meals and drinks that you wouldn't find anywhere in Nigeria except Inception kiddies. Lastly, for Inception Kiddies to be the best and number one children's food vendor with multiple awards. To be the choice of every parent for their kids parties.
 


Kemi Mobuse Blog: Three things about the CEO of Inception Kids you want people to know?
 
Inception Kiddies: The CEO of Inception kiddies is a disciplinarian, educationist and a lively person
 
Kemi Mobuse Blog: Lastly, how can you be contacted?
 
Inception Kiddies:
Call, SMS or WhatsApp:08037676337/08095955783
Email:inceptionkiddies@gmail.com
Instagram :@inceptionkiddies




























  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments